SPINAL STENOSIS TREATMENT PALM BEACH COUNTY
Effective spinal stenosis treatment is available from Dr. Edwin W. Maldonado at Certified Spine & Pain Care Clinic. Dr. Maldonado and his staff are happy to help patients enjoy an improved quality of life by providing effective solutions for chronic pain. Spinal stenosis is an abnormal narrowing of the bone channel occupied by the spinal cord or spinal nerves.
Symptoms of Spinal Stenosis
In most cases, spinal stenosis develops as part of the degenerative cascade, which means “spinal aging.” Our bodies gradually deteriorate as we age, and various symptoms are developed. Although not everyone who develops spinal stenosis experiences pain early on, certain symptoms are shared by everyone affected, eventually. Those symptoms are stiffness, back pain, and numbness. The following are more of the most common symptoms of spinal stenosis:
- Difficulty walking due to cramping up and aching of the calves, a condition often mistaken for a circulation problem.
- Neck pain or low back pain.
- Tingling, numbness, and pain radiates to the legs and buttocks from the lower back, which is a condition called “sciatica.”
- It becomes difficult to walk or stand because there tends to be increased compression and a greater level of pain in the upright position.
- Walking can also become difficult due to cramping up and aching of the calves.
Testing and Diagnostics
In order to provide an accurate diagnosis, Dr. Maldonado conducts a complete clinical evaluation. The patient’s medical history is reviewed, along with symptoms. The following are various types of testing that may be used, to pinpoint the source of the pain. Tests used to make an accurate diagnosis include:
- X-rays, which show any changes in the shape of the vertebrae.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), which creates a 3-D image of the spine using radio waves. An MRI can show tumors and other growths as well as damaged ligaments and discs.
- A computerized tomography (CT) scan can show issues with bones and damage to soft tissue, with the use of 3-D images, x-rays, and a dye injected into the patient.
- Functions of muscles and nerves can be tested using an electromyography (EMG).
Options for Spinal Stenosis Treatment Palm Beach County Area
Dr. Maldonado has the expertise to prescribe the best spinal stenosis treatment, based on the severity and location of your symptoms and more. The following are among the spinal stenosis treatments that may be used to provide a patient with pain relief:
- Mild Procedure
- An epidural nerve block
- Spinal cord stimulation, and
- Radiofrequency neurotomy.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you are suffering from any of the symptoms mentioned above, spinal stenosis treatment may be right for you. Contact the compassionate staff at Certified Spine & Pain Care Clinic, to make an appointment with Dr. Edwin W. Maldonado. Call (561) 571-9984 today and get on the path to relief from chronic pain.