Welcome! Edwin W. Maldonado, MD, and his dedicated team of administrative and medical staff members thank you for choosing us for treatment of your chronic pain.
The information below will help to ensure that you have a stress-free and productive first visit.
Before the appointment
Bring all of the requested information you’ve gathered to your first visit.
Remember that the first appointment is typically a consultation in which your medical history will be discussed, the physician will examine you, and a treatment plan will be devised.
We ask that you arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment, to allow time for completion of the paperwork process and so that our office staff can update current information, as needed.
What to expect at your consultation
– Your vital signs and weight will be taken.
– Maldonado will discuss your medical history, conduct a physical exam, and talk with you about your treatment goals.
– For your safety, additional tests may be ordered by the doctor, if indicated and to provide an accurate diagnosis. The tests may include such – diagnostics as blood tests and special imaging.
– As the support staff working with Dr. Maldonado, we are happy to help you obtain the pre-certifications you need for diagnostic imaging such as CT scans and MRI scans. We will help you choose a facility, make an appointment, and obtain authorizations. To complete the process, you will need to schedule the appointment and notify us of the date and location of your procedure.
– If you do not have complex health issues and if your insurance does not require any sort of pre-authorization, you could be eligible for a procedure on the day of your consultation. Please note, however, that in most cases, a consultation alone is performed on the initial visit.